Education- Bachelor of Science in Atmospheric Science with a Minor in Mathematics (Spring 2010); University of North Dakota; 2010; 3.8 GPA
- Master of Science in Atmospheric and Oceanic Science with Delta Teaching Emphasis (Fall 2012); University of Wisconsin - Madison; 3.5 GPA
ExperienceProfessional Tutoring Experience:
- Master Tutor for Math and Science; University of Minnesota-Crookston; Crookston, MN; 2015-present
Private Tutoring Experience:
- College tutor; Algebra, pre-calculus; Grand Forks; 2014
- High school tutor; Pre-calculus; East Grand Forks; 2014
- High school tutor; Algebra, geometry; Bemidji High School; 2013
- High school tutor; Algebra, geometry, trigonometry, physics; Madison School District; 2011-2012
- College tutor; Weather, climate, and oceanic Science; University of Wisconsin; 2011
- College tutor; Algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-calculus, caluculus; University of North Dakota; 2007-2010
- Substitute Teacher; Clearbrook-Gonvick School District; Clearbrook, MN; 2013-2014
- Mathematics Instructor; University of Wisconsin College Access Program; Madison WI; 2011-2012
- Teaching Assistant; University of North Dakota's Atmospheric Sciences Department; 2008-2010
HobbiesI am passionate about mathematics and science education and outreach. I have ample experience as a tutor and teacher in a wide range of topics including algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-calculus, calculus, atmospheric science including weather and climate, oceanic science, physics, chemistry, and related fields. I am available to meet on weekdays or weekends. I typically charge $30 per hour. I have received excellent reviews from both students and parents and have worked very diligently to adapt my teaching/tutoring style. I am aware that each student learns at a different pace and requires different attention. I am an extremely patient individual and like to make learning fun. My ultimate goal is success for each and every student!
I am an active individual and have volunteered my time for the betterment of the community, school, and people. I have also volunteered and worked as a mathematics and atmospheric and oceanic sciences tutor, at various educational levels. During graduate school, I was an active member of the University of Wisconsin's Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences Graduate Student Association (GSA) as well as a member of the national American Meteorological Society, American Geophysical Union, Earth Science Women’s Network, and Environmental Studies Student Association. I have also coordinated, planned, organized, and participated in many educational and outreach activities with a wide variety of ages and backgrounds including Science Olympiad workshops, Science Expeditions, Expanding Your Horizons conference, Super Science Saturday, Girls Scouts Weather Workshop, etc.
GRE Subject Test in Mathematics, Physics, Physical Science, Physical Chemistry, Multivariable Calculus, Middle School Math, Math, Math, Intermediate Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, Honors Chemistry, Pre-Algebra, GRE Quantitative Reasoning, GRE Quantitative, GRE, Graduate Test Prep, Geometry, Geology, General Chemistry, Finite Mathematics, Elementary Math, SAT Subject Test in Mathematics Level 1, Trigonometry, Summer Tutoring, SSAT- Upper Level, SSAT- Middle Level, SSAT- Elementary Level, SSAT, Science, Science, SAT Subject Test in Mathematics Level 2, Elementary Algebra, SAT Mathematics, SAT Math, SAT Critical Reading, SAT, PSAT Writing Skills, PSAT Mathematics, PSAT Critical Reading, PSAT, Pre-Calculus, ACT Reading, AP Physics 1, AP Chemistry, AP Calculus BC, AP Calculus AB, Algebra 3/4, Algebra 2, Algebra 1, ACT Writing, ACT with Writing, ACT Science, AP Physics 1 - DUPE, ACT Math, ACT English, ACT, ACCUPLACER Elementary Algebra, ACCUPLACER College-Level Math, ACCUPLACER Arithmetic, 9th Grade math, 12th Grade math, 11th Grade math, Chemistry, Earth Science, Developmental Algebra, Competition Math, College Algebra, CLEP Precalculus, CLEP College Mathematics, CLEP College Algebra, CLEP Chemistry, CLEP Calculus, 10th Grade math, Calculus 3, Calculus 2, Calculus 1, Astronomy, Arithmetic, Applied Mathematics, AP Physics 2: Mechanics, AP Physics 2: Electricity and Magnetism, AP Physics 2 - DUPE
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.