Education- Bachelor of Science in Atmospheric Science with a Minor in Mathematics (Spring 2010); University of North Dakota; 2010; 3.8 GPA
- Master of Science in Atmospheric and Oceanic Science with Delta Teaching Emphasis (Fall 2012); University of Wisconsin - Madison; 3.5 GPA
ExperienceProfessional Tutoring Experience:
- Master Tutor for Math and Science; University of Minnesota-Crookston; Crookston, MN; 2015-present
Private Tutoring Experience:
- College tutor; Algebra, pre-calculus; Grand Forks; 2014
- High school tutor; Pre-calculus; East Grand Forks; 2014
- High school tutor; Algebra, geometry; Bemidji High School; 2013
- High school tutor; Algebra, geometry, trigonometry, physics; Madison School District; 2011-2012
- College tutor; Weather, climate, and oceanic Science; University of Wisconsin; 2011
- College tutor; Algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-calculus, caluculus; University of North Dakota; 2007-2010
- Substitute Teacher; Clearbrook-Gonvick School District; Clearbrook, MN; 2013-2014
- Mathematics Instructor; University of Wisconsin College Access Program; Madison WI; 2011-2012
- Teaching Assistant; University of North Dakota's Atmospheric Sciences Department; 2008-2010
HobbiesI am passionate about mathematics and science education and outreach. I have ample experience as a tutor and teacher in a wide range of topics including algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-calculus, calculus, atmospheric science including weather and climate, oceanic science, physics, chemistry, and related fields. I am available to meet on weekdays or weekends. I typically charge $30 per hour. I have received excellent reviews from both students and parents and have worked very diligently to adapt my teaching/tutoring style. I am aware that each student learns at a different pace and requires different attention. I am an extremely patient individual and like to make learning fun. My ultimate goal is success for each and every student!
I am an active individual and have volunteered my time for the betterment of the community, school, and people. I have also volunteered and worked as a mathematics and atmospheric and oceanic sciences tutor, at various educational levels. During graduate school, I was an active member of the University of Wisconsin's Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences Graduate Student Association (GSA) as well as a member of the national American Meteorological Society, American Geophysical Union, Earth Science Women’s Network, and Environmental Studies Student Association. I have also coordinated, planned, organized, and participated in many educational and outreach activities with a wide variety of ages and backgrounds including Science Olympiad workshops, Science Expeditions, Expanding Your Horizons conference, Super Science Saturday, Girls Scouts Weather Workshop, etc.
Elementary Algebra, Honors Chemistry, Intermediate Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, Math, Math, Middle School Math, Multivariable Calculus, Physical Chemistry, GRE Subject Test in Mathematics, GRE Quantitative Reasoning, Elementary Math, Finite Mathematics, General Chemistry, Geology, Geometry, Graduate Test Prep, GRE, GRE Quantitative, Physical Science, Physics, Pre-Algebra, SAT Subject Test in Mathematics Level 2, Science, Science, SSAT, SSAT- Elementary Level, SSAT- Middle Level, SSAT- Upper Level, Summer Tutoring, SAT Subject Test in Mathematics Level 1, SAT Mathematics, Pre-Calculus, PSAT, PSAT Critical Reading, PSAT Mathematics, PSAT Writing Skills, SAT, SAT Critical Reading, SAT Math, Trigonometry, 10th Grade math, ACT Science, ACT with Writing, ACT Writing, Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Algebra 3/4, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, ACT Reading, ACT Math, 11th Grade math, 12th Grade math, 9th Grade math, ACCUPLACER Arithmetic, ACCUPLACER College-Level Math, ACCUPLACER Elementary Algebra, ACT, ACT English, AP Chemistry, AP Physics 1, AP Physics 1 - DUPE, CLEP Calculus, CLEP Chemistry, CLEP College Algebra, CLEP College Mathematics, CLEP Precalculus, College Algebra, Competition Math, Developmental Algebra, Chemistry, Calculus 3, AP Physics 2 - DUPE, AP Physics 2: Electricity and Magnetism, AP Physics 2: Mechanics, Applied Mathematics, Arithmetic, Astronomy, Calculus 1, Calculus 2, Earth Science
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.